2 Princess Street
Your Health Records
How do I . . .
Make an appointment?
Request a repeat prescription?
Get test results?
Book an interpreter?
Speak to a Doctor?
Complete list of "
How do I"
Self Help Advice
Advice from your Pharmacy
A-Z of Links to External Sites
Information about the offer of a breast screen for women aged 70-79, May 2018
Changes to GP Baby Clinic Appointments
Do you need to see a physiotherapist?
Long Term Illness
Health & Social Care
More . . . .
Nexus Health Group Partners
Are you interested in working with your practice?
Your rights and responsibilities
Teaching at the Practice
A - Z Health Links
British Lung Foundation
Bone and Joint Conditions
Arthritis Research Campaign
National Osteoporosis Society
National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society
Cancer Research UK
Marie Curie Cancer Care
Breast Cancer Campaign
MacMillan Cancer Relief
Prostate Cancer Charity
Caring for Someone
Chlamydia Screening Programme
NHS Chlamydia Screening Programme
What is chlamydia? How do you get it? Why is it a big deal? What are the symptoms? What if I'm pregnant? What is the Chlamydia screen? and more about sexual health.
Bladder and Bowel Foundation
Counselling and Mental Health
Cruse: Bereavement Counselling
The Royal College of Psychiatrists
British Association of Dermatologists/Patients
National Eczema Society
Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation
Easy Health Org
.- their aim is to make it easier for people with learning disabilities to understand more about their health.
Drugs and Alcohol
Know the Score: Information on Drugs
Talk to Frank
: Confidential drugs info. & advice
Narcotics Anonymous UK
International Glaucoma Association
Royal National Institute for the Blind - Eye Conditions
Healthy eating advice
Weight Loss for Good
5 A Day
- NHS web site on eating more fruit & veg
British Heart Foundation
- Irregular Heart Beat Info.
High Blood Pressure Foundation
- This site offers advise on helathy eating, keeping food safe, food labels and different health issues.
- This site offers advise on healthy eating for teenagers
Diet during pregancy from NHS Choices
- advice on what foods to eat, what to avoid, advice on supplements.
Making the Best of your Appointment
Department of Health - Making the Most of your Appointment: Questions to ask.
Translations of this information are available in Arabic, Bengali, French, Gujarati, Somali, Portuguese, Polish, Punjabi, Spanish and Urdu.
NHS Direct Medicines Zone
Your in-depth guide to medicines, prescriptions, immunisation, contraception and more.
Patient Information - Conditions and Treatments
Patient Information Website
Information about which treatments work and which don't based on the best and most up to date medical research.
Information on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living.
NHS Choices Pregnancy Care Planner
- Your NHS guide to having a baby
Birth Choice UK - NHS Maternity Care
Alzheimer's Society UK
Prostate Help Association
Parkinson's Disease Society
Good for your Brain
No Smoking Day
- Find out more about people like you ready to kick the habit.
Click to Quit
: Smoking Cessation Advice
Action on Smoking and Health
: NHS Choices Site
- This website contains detailed information about the free NHS support services.
Smoking Quitters Cost Tool
- Calculate the money you will save with NHS Direct quitters cost calculator and plan how to spend it.
Talk to Frank
- the A-Z of drugs and ways to help kick the habbit.
Teenage Health Freak
- teenage health problems discussed.
- a health website designed specifically for teenagers and under 24's. Provides specific Information on registering with a GP.
Visit Netdoctor Q and A's
- hundreds of health issues experienced by teenagers - written by doctors.
For more information about young people and doctor confidentiality visit
Off The Record
offers counselling support and information for young people aged 11-25.
Patients Self Help Advice
Some useful Self Help Advice:
Self Help Advice
Other Sources of Advice
Site Last Updated 25-May-18