Rights and responsibilities
We aim to:
- Treat you with friendliness and courtesy.
- Respect your cultural and religious beliefs.
- Make sure that patients who do not speak English have access to an interpreter for their consultations.
- Deliver a high standard of care to you with your informed consent at all times.
- Make sure you know the names and roles of members of the practice team you deal with.
- Work in partnership with you in deciding your care.
- Maintain your right to confidentiality.
- Make sure you are seen by a doctor for urgent conditions as soon as possible on the same day.
- For routine appointments we aim to offer you an appointment with any GP as soon as one is available.
- Try not to keep you waiting for your appointment and inform you of any delays.
We expect you to:
- Treat the practice team with the same courtesy as you would expect to receive.
- Let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to come to your appointment. We have a very high demand for appointments and this will allow us to book another patient in your place.
- Keep us updated with any changes to your name, address or telephone number.
- Let us have any comments, suggestions or complaints about the service we offer by speaking to our Patient Services Manager or Practice Manager.
- Let us know in advance if you need an interpreter or chaperone.