General Practice Assessment Questionnaire
We took part in this survey in July 2007 which was run in all Southwark practices. We had an overall satisfaction rate with the practice of 76%. Other results from the 342 patients who took part included:
- 80% of patients surveyed told us that they were satisfied with how well our doctors listen
- 79% satisfaction with how much the doctor involves the patients in discussions
- 80% were satisfied with the clinical team’s caring and concern
- 76% were satisfied with our receptionists
- 75% were satisfied with the amount of time spent with them by GPs
Extending our appointment times
In March 2008 we undertook a survey of over 650 patients about when to extend our appointment times and run our urgent problem clinics:
|Q2: When should we extend our hours?
|7.00am - 9.00am
|5.00pm - 8.00pm
We decided to extend our hours every Wednesday and Thursday evening as we did not have sufficient resources to offer both late appointments and Saturday openings.
Q3: When should we have unplanned appointments (urgent problems clinic) available?
|9.00am - 11.30am
|2.00pm - 04.00pm
|5.00pm - 06.00pm
We now offer urgent problem clinics – for when patients cannot wait for a booked appointment – between 9-11.00am each day. Our duty doctor is available for the rest of the day to speak to patients and undertake home visits as necessary.
A national survey organised by the government was undertaken during 2007 when 323 of our patients responded to an anonymous questionnaire.
- 96% of patients surveyed were satisfied with our phone access
- 75% of patients were able to get an appointment with any GP in 48 hours
- 81% were able to book an appointment more than 2 days in advance
- 92% were able to book an appointment with a specific GP