Getting Involved in the Practice and Patient Feedback
Are you interested in working with your Practice?
Princess Street Group Practice is committed to ensuring its patients are fully involved in the development of services. We believe that our patients have an important contribution to make in our future development.
We have been delighted to have had a conversation with our patients over the last few years through patient groups including the Patient Focus Group and patient surveys. In recent years, we have also had a Practice Open Day and have run a successful patient Healthy Living Group for 4 years. Our patients have also been involved in the Chronic Disease Management Collaborative and helped us with our work towards the Royal College of General Practitioners’ Quality Practice Award. We have also hosted Carers group meetings with Southwark Carers.
Since 2005, we have had a Patient Focus Group which meets to look at areas around service development. These have included reviewing our appointments system, how we deal with failure to attend appointments, commissioning services and our website development. Some of the feedback about the focus group from patients who have taken part include the following comments:
- “Very useful, excellent presentations, thought provoking.”
- “Very useful and informative. Astounded at the costs relating to missed appointments.”
- “The presentations and discussions flowed easily in a comfortable and informal atmosphere.”
- “I have been a patient of this practice since the mid 1960s. This is the first time I’ve been behind the scenes and gained some insight into how a modern inner-city GP surgery works.”
- “I believe the focus group to be a very creative move towards enabling people in their role of ‘patient’ to become more responsible for their well-being.”
Register Your Interest Online
Are you interested in working with your Practice to improve and develop local services?
Are you interested in being kept informed about developments at the Practice and changes within local health services?
At Princess Street Group Practice we are committed to working with our patients and getting the views of the people who use our services. We are keen to work with a cross section of our Practice population and would welcome your involvement.
This involvement could take the form of:
- Attending our Patient Participation/Focus Group meetings
- Receiving regular updates
- Taking part in surveys/questionnaires
- Attending locality/borough wide Patient Participation Group meetings
- Sharing your views
- Helping the Practice
If you are interested in being involved in any way then please complete this form.
Register Your Interest by Post/In Person
Alternatively you can download the Patient Involvement Form below and return to the surgery in person or by post to:
Princess Street Group Practice
2 Princess Street
Our Patient Participation Group
Local Patient Participation Reports
We also provide Poems in the waiting room for our patients. Poems in the waiting room is an exciting ‘arts in health’ charity that provides free poetry cards for waiting rooms.
We are continually looking at new ways to involve our patients and would welcome any suggestions our patients might have.
You can contact us directly with any feedback on our services that you have. Alternatively you can also post comments on the NHS choices website, which the public can access when looking for details about local practices. Visit the NHS website.
Date of Next Meeting
The Princess Street Group Practice Patient Participation Group is meeting on:
- Help us review changes that have happened in the practice
- Tell us what we should be included in a patient survey
- What can we do to make the patient experience of our services better?
If you are interested in attending, please contact Liz Sullivan, Patient Services Manager.
Nexus Health Group Service Update
Useful External Websites
Patient Engagement Terms of Reference
Please read our Terms of Reference for the PPG.